Financial & Portfolio Advisors, Ltd. (“F&PA”, “Advisor”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to safeguarding the confidential information of our clients because mutual trust is essential to the advisor-client relationship. Personal privacy is of the utmost importance to our clients. This is our policy describing how we treat your personal information. We welcome any comments or concerns you may have privacy issues.
The type of information we may collect from you:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect nonpublic personal information from you, our client, to assist us in providing you with appropriate financial and/or investment advice. The categories of nonpublic information that we collect from each client depends upon the scope of the client engagement. We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, telephone number, assets, income, taxes, medical, beneficiary and health information to the extent that it is needed for the financial planning process, and insurance beneficiaries.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, custodians, or others, such as your account balance, investment cost, investment distributions, investment gain or loss, payment history, parties to transactions, account usage, and insurance policy coverage and premiums.
- “Nonpublic personal information” is nonpublic information about you that we obtain in connection with providing a financial product or service to you for personal, family or household purposes. It does not include information available from government records, widely distributed media, or government mandated disclosures.
THIRD PARTIES WITH WHOM WE MAY WE SHARE INFORMATION
We will never sell your nonpublic personal information. We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone except as otherwise permitted by law and to the extent permitted by privacy rules.. For example, we are permitted by law to share information about you with:
- Our Investment Advisory Representatives, employees, and your service providers.
- Companies that assist us in processing your transactions and servicing your account, such as introducing and clearing brokerage firms, mutual fund companies, and insurance companies.
- An accountant, tax preparer, or lawyer who is representing you, if you authorize us in writing.
- Federal and state regulators who regulate our firm.
We do not provide your personally identifiable information to direct marketers or independent solicitors for any purpose.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION ABOUT FORMER CUSTOMERS
If you decide to close your account(s), we will continue to adhere to the privacy practices described in this notice when you become a former client. You become a former client when your client services agreement with us is terminated.
We will maintain personally identifiable information about you during the time you are a client, and for any time thereafter that we are required to maintain the records by federal and state securities laws (5 years from date info is last used). After this required period of record retention, all of your information will be securely destroyed via in-house shredding or a secure destruction service.
OUR SECURITY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
We take all reasonable steps to assure the privacy of client information. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a business or professional reason for knowing, as permitted by law.
We maintain a secure office and computer environment to ensure that your information is not placed at unreasonable risk. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.